Skip to content

General

52 results found

1. Quick view of ratings averages

A huge bonus that Inkitt offers over other fiction-hosting sites at the moment is the rating-and-review system your curated stories have. I love the 5-star system that breaks down the story into Overall Rating, Plot, Writing Style, and Grammar & Punctuation! Perhaps providing a mouseover with the averages of all of those would be a great feature.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Write the story on the site itself

I am unable to write the story on Inkitt because somehow when I reach the a few paragraphs, every time I try to continue, the page keeps scrolling back to the top by itself and I am unable to see the text box.

I have to resort to writing on Word document before cutting and pasting the content here. But even editing it on this site is difficult as the same problem occurs. I would love Inkitt so much more once this is fixed, thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Better define categories and more personal preference options.

Novels and short stories begin in very different fashions. One thing I notice as not being clearly define is the ability to separate a posted work as one or the other. The point being that I have different expectations of how a short story should read vs. a novel.

Also, I don't understand why the most popular stories are listed by default when clicking on a genre link. I would personally rather see newly posted stories listed by default. Perhaps this might be done with a simple preferences option.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Credit artists

As a way to support other artists, it would be nice to have a field on each story where you could put the source/name/website that provided the cover image, if it's not your own work.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. clarify your definitions of your genres on Inkitt.

I have recently entered a short story into your 'Sci-fi' contest Beyond Time. However, I was surprised to see that many of the stories entered for this contest are not really sci-fi at all, but fantasy. Do you really accept stories about fairies, dragons, magic and bigfoot as genuine science fiction? If so, I am surprised. I would like to suggest that you open up a general discussion about the definition of these genres to help both readers and authors.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add deadlines to contests.

I submitted my stories, and then look at the dates of the contest. Ends on 3rd June this time. Ok, so whoever posts new stories now (like me) don't stand a chance when there are other stories that have been submitted much sooner with 40-60+ votes. Late submissions don't stand a chance, and they could be just as good if not better stories. I suggest you add a deadline for submissions (adding a maximum number so authors can't increase their own odds - say a max of 5 stories), and then start prompting for votes. That way EVERYONE has an…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. would be nice

to have full texts get really interested in the story only for the last chapters to be missing

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bug: First chapter constantly blanking itself

I hand-wrote three chapters, but every once in a while the topmost chapter's text would revert to the default, losing everything. This happened even if I deleted that first chapter and rearranged stuff, so...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have "feedback points" as an incentive for people to read more stories rather than just dump theirs and run.

You could trade feedback points for prizes like coffee mugs and t-shirts. You could also exchange the feedback points for feature time on your main page. People need more incentive to read stories...otherwise they may just splat theirs on your site hoping someone will read it, then move on without bothering to read anyone else's

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Used Profile Pages

These can be censored, of course, but not having the option to make them is a little annoying.

Plenty of great writers refuse to migrate from FF.net despite the superior story content simply because Inkitt does not provide as many services.

To name a few—profile pages, private messages, sorting by fandoms, sorting in general, and the most important, a search engine.

Seriously, if you guys want this to work you need to be able to match all of the services that the other writing websites provide.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fine-tune the uploading from fanfiction.net tool.

I've tried uploading from fanfiction.net a fairly long story (23 chapters) and the system seems to always stall. When it actually managed to upload, it only uploaded randomly chosen chapters (not even consecutive) and haven't uploaded the entire story.
    Since I cannot delete or move chapters ahead/behind, I can't seem to adjust this manually.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it so that we can read using our full screen.

At the moment we have a narrow reading column, when we read a story we can't use our entire screen, it would be much more pleasant if we could. Maybe have a button with arrows pointing away from each other to widen the text range? Something like this? <- -> ( I really appreciate the font editor by the way) :)

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →